Class 6 Geography Comparing a Globe and a Map answers
Comparing A globe and map question and answers
Do it yourself !
- Which device is flat?
- Which device is spherical?
- Which of these devices allows you to see the entire area of the earth at the same time?
- Which device allows you to see only one side of the earth at a time?
- Which device can be used for studying a particular region in detail?
Ans. Outline Map
- Which device can be called a model of the earth?
(1) What characteristics of two and three dimensional devices did you note?
Ans. Two-dimensional objects have length and width. The product of length and width defines area. e. g., paper, blackboard, table top, land, etc.
Three-dimensional objects have length, width and height, the product of these provides volume. e. g., a duster, box, glass, pot, hill, the moon, etc.
(2) What features can be shown on a very small globe?
Ans. A two-dimensional map is obtained on paper from a three-dimensional globe.
(3) Which device will be suitable for understanding the concept of day and night on the earth?
Ans. A globe will be suitable for understanding the concept of day and night on the earth.
(4) Which device will be useful to show your village / city?
Ans. An outline map will be useful to show our village / city.
(5) Which device can be easily carried from one place to another?
Ans. A map can be easily carried from one place to another.
Make two groups. Each group should ask the other group to find the locations of different places on the globe. You may also do this with a map.