1. Answer in one sentence.
(1) In the past, what materials were used for writing?
Ans: In the past potsherds, unbaked bricks, using pointed objects, bark of birch tree and copper plate were used for writing.
(2) What information is obtained from Vedic literature ?
Ans: The information obtained from Vedic literature is of, life of man and ancient Indian history.
(3) Which literature is preserved by oral tradition?
Ans: Owis, folk songs, folk tales and similar literature is preserved by oral tradition.
2. Classify the following sources as material, written and oral sources.
Copper-plate, folk tales, pottery, beads,travelogues, owis, inscriptions, Vedic
literature, stupa, coin, Puranas
|Material sources||Written sources||Oral sources|
3. Observe the picture of earthen pots and try to make similar ones.
4. Observe any coin and note the following things.
Inscription on the coin : One rupee India 1947
Metal used : Copper + Nickel
Year of the coin: 1947
Symbol on the coin : Tiger
Denomination of the coin:One rupee
5. Do you know a few things by heart ? Present them in your group.
For example : poems, prayers, tables, etc.
देवा तूंचि गणेशु |
सकलमति प्रकाशु |
म्हणे निवृत्ति दासु |
अवधारिजो जी ||2||
Activity : Collect pictures/ photos of material and written sources and exhibit them.