Maharashtra Board Class 7 History Solutions Chapter 8 An Ideal Ruler
Balbharti Maharashtra State Board Class 7 History Solutions Chapter 8 An Ideal Ruler Notes, Textbook Exercise Important Questions and Answers.
Maharashtra State Board Class 7 History Solutions Chapter 8 An Ideal Ruler
Class 7 History Chapter 8 An Ideal Ruler Textbook Questions and Answers
1. Find it from the chapter.
(1) Grave dangers in the life of Shivaji Maharaj.
- The meeting with Afzalkhan.
- The siege of Panhala.
- The attack on Shaistakhan.
- The escape from Agra.
(2) They risked their life at the time of Maharaj’s escape from Agra.
(a) Hiroji Farjand
(b) Madari Meheter
(3) What warning did Shivaji Maharaj issue to the Deshmukh of Rohida Valley?
Maharaj warned the Deshmukh of the Rohida valley not to fail in his duty towards the ryot.
(4) What inspiration can future generations draw from the life of Shivaji Maharaj?
Answer: Future generations too, will continue to look upon this work of Shivaji Maharaj of founding the Swaraj and turning it into Surajya as a source of inspiration, as an ideal.
2. Write about it in your own words.
(1) What warning did Shivaji Maharaj issue to his soldiers to avoid any loss to the ryot?
Answer: Maharaj warned the Deshmukh of the Rohida valley not to fail in his duty towards the ryot. He told Deshmukh to visit every village and shift people to a safe place down the ghats. He further warned the Deshmukh that if he did not thus take care of the ryot, the Mughal army would take the people prisoner and then it would be seen as the Deshmukh’s doing. Maharaj also saw to it that the soldiers did not in any way cause any harm to the ryot.
(2) How do we know that the religious policy of Shivaji Maharaj was that of tolerance?
Answer: While Maharaj struggled against the Islamic powers, he considered the Muslims in the Swaraj as his own subjects. At the time of the meeting with Afzalkhan, Siddi Ibrahim was a trusted servant in his army. Siddi Hilal was a Sardar in the army of Maharaj. Daulatkhan was an important officer in the navy of the Swaraj. Maharaj followed a tolerant religious policy. In the enemy territories that he conquered, he continued the facilities that had been given to the Muslim places of worship.
(3) Explain Shivaji Maharaj’s policy regarding the army.
Maharaj maintained a strict discipline in the army.
He was particular about paying the salaries of the army in time. He made arrangements to pay the salaries of soldiers in cash. There was a strict order to the army that any valuables collected during the campaigns in enemy territories were to be deposited with the Government. Soldiers were honoured for their bravery in a campaign. He looked after the maintenance of the families of soldiers who died in battle. He took care of the wounded soldiers, he treated well the enemy soldiers who had surrendered themselves or who had been captured.
3. Give one word for.
(1) An important officer in the navy of Swaraj –
(2) A Tamil poet who composed a poem on Shivaji Maharaj –
(3) He created an independent kingdom in Bundelkhand –
(4) He composed a Powada on the greatness of Shivaji Maharaj –
Mahatma Jyotirao Phule
(1) Tell how you help your friend in his need.
(2) List the places named after famous personalities.