Maharashtra Board Class 7 Geography Solutions Chapter 1 How Seasons Occur Part 1
Balbharti Maharashtra State Board Class 7 Geography Solutions Part 1 Chapter 1 How Seasons Occur Part 1 Questions and Answers.
Maharashtra State Board Class 7 Geography Solutions Chapter 1 How Seasons Occur Part 1
Class 7 Geography Chapter 1 How Seasons Occur Part 1 Questions and Answers
1. How do day and night occur on the earth?
Answer: Day and night occur on the earth because of the earth’s rotation.
2. What term is used to describe the earth’s revolution around the sun?
Answer: The term orbital motion is used to describe the earth’s revolution around the sun.
3. How long does the earth take to do so?
Answer: The earth takes 365 days and 6 hours to complete one revolution.
4. In which hemispheres is our country located?
Answer: Our country lies in the northern hemisphere.
5. Why don’t the sun’s rays fall perpendicularly at all places on the earth?
Answer: The sun’s rays do not fall perpendicularly at all the places on the earth because the earth is spherical in shape.
Can you tell?
Records of the entries of sunrise and sunset for the month of June are given below. Answer the questions that follow.
|Date||Sunrise||Sunset||Day||Night||Source of Information|
|19th June||06.05||19:14||13 Hrs. 09 Min.||10 Hrs. 39 Min.||Time and date|
|20th June||06.01||19:18||13 Hrs. 17 Min.||10 Hrs. 40 Min.||Time and date|
|21st June||06.03||19:14||13 Hrs. 11 Min.||10 Hrs. 40 Min.||Time and date|
|22nd June||06.02||19:16||13 Hrs. 14 Min.||10 Hrs. 41 Min.||Time and date|
|23rd June||06.01||19:10||13 Hrs. 19 Min.||10 Hrs. 41 Min.||Time and date|
|24th June||06.09||19:12||13 Hrs. 13 Min.||10 Hrs. 41 Min.||Time and date|
|25th June||06.03||19:19||13 Hrs. 12 Min.||10 Hrs. 41 Min.||Time and date|
|26th June||06.03||19:19||13 Hrs. 14 Min.||10 Hrs. 43 Min.||Time and date|
|27th June||06.03||19:19||13 Hrs. 15 Min.||10 Hrs. 45 Min.||Time and date|
|28th June||06.04||19:19||13 Hrs. 11 Min.||10 Hrs. 46 Min.||Time and date|
1. Refer to the table above and state which are the longest days?
Answer: The longest days are from 23rd June.
2. What difference do you notice in the duration of the nights from 19th June to 28th June?
Answer: The duration of the nights keeps on increasing day by day.
3. What is the reason behind it?
Answer: The sun is now moving southwards.
4. How did you find out the duration of the night?
Answer: The duration of the day is subtracted from 24 hours to get the duration of the night.
5. Which two dates have days and nights of the same duration?
Answer: March 22 and September 23 have the same duration of days and nights.
6. With the help of the table, you saw how the duration of the day and the night changes. Do you think such a change occurs everywhere on the earth?
Answer: Yes, duration of day and night changes everywhere on the earth.
7. Use the above format to record the duration of daytime from 19th to 28th of every month from September to December.
Answer: Students should attempt the activity on their own.
Think about it:
If the position of the shadow on the wall moves towards the north, in which direction does the location of sunrise or sunset appear to shift?
Answer: If the position of the shadow on the wall moves towards the north, the location of sunrise or sunset will shift southwards.
Chapter 1. How Seasons Occur – Part 1
Chapter 2. The Sun, the Moon and the Earth
Chapter 3. Tides
Chapter 4. Air Pressure
Chapter 5. Winds Physical
Chapter 6. Natural Regions
Chapter 7. Soils
Chapter 8. How Seasons Occur – Part 2
Chapter 9. Agriculture
Chapter 10. Human Settlements
Chapter 11. Contour Maps and Landforms