Maharashtra Board Class 6 English Solutions Chapter 4.4 A Mad Tea Party
Balbharti Maharashtra State Board Class 6 English Solutions Chapter 4.4 A Mad Tea Party Textbook Exercise Questions and Answers
Maharashtra State Board Class 6 English Solutions Chapter 4.4 A Mad Tea Party
Class 6 English Chapter 4.4 A Mad Tea Party Textbook Questions and Answers
1. Read the passage aloud playing the roles of the different characters.
2. Write any three of the silly remarks made by the characters other than Alice. Write why you think the remark is silly.
Answer: The three silly remarks are:
(i) ‘No room! No room!’ they cried out when they saw Alice coming.
This remark is silly because even though there was plenty of room, they said there was no room.
(ii) ‘Have some wine,’ the March Hare said in an encouraging tone.
This remark is silly because the March Hare offered Alice some wine when there was none on the table.
(iii) ‘Why is a raven like a writing-desk ?’ the Hattter said.
This remark is silly because the Hatter did not know the answer to the riddle himself.
3. Read the following.
- I mean what I say. I say what I mean.
- I see what I eat. I eat what I see.
Use your imagination to write a funny sentence on this pattern.
- I write what I think, I think what I write.
- I love what I eat, I eat what I love.
4. Write what would you like to do if ‘Time’ was your friend.
Answer: If time was my friend I would ask it to wait for me when I was late to school. I would request the time to move fast when life is boring. I would also tell time to move me back into History so that I could experience all the wonderful things that happened in History.
5. Can you think of a similarity between a raven and a writing desk? Write at least five differences between the two.
Answer: There is no similarity between a raven and a writing desk.
But following are the differences between the two
|1||Raven has life.||A writing desk is a non-living thing.|
|2||It can speak.||It cannot speak|
|3||Can fly and move around.||Cannot fly or move around.|
|4||It has beak and feathers.||It is made of wood.|
6. Visit a library: Read Lewis Carroll’s book ‘Alice in Wonderland.’