1.2 Odd One In
Passage 1 : page 3: “How was the first…….. ….” Rima and her friend had decided to do just that.
- What were Rima’s parents enquiring about with her?
- Who was the new girl in school? Why did Rima find her funny?
- How according to Mr. Sen are the children from the other state?
- Why did Rima not agree with her father? Or How did Rima decide whether or not Malti was smart?
- What did Rima’s parents’ advise her? Or How did Rima’s parents’ hope she and her friends would not do?
- What had Rima and her gang decided to do?
- Is it right to judge people by their appearance? Justify your answer?
Passage 2 : page 3 & 4: Next morning, the minute Malti……… quite a little snob!” said Mr. Sen sadly.
- What competition was coming up? When?
- Under which category was Rima participating in?
- What was Rima surprised to see?
- Did Rima and Clare pass good remarks about Malti? What were they?
- How did Malti prove Rima and Clare wrong?
- What had Rima and her gang decided to do while Malti sang? Why didn’t they do it?
- How did everyone react when Malti finished singing?
- Why did Rima feel no joy even though she came first in her category?
- Is it right to pass snide remarks about someone? Why?
Passage 3: page 5:
“As the term progressed…………………. ……. Particularly at her English”
- List down Malti’s qualities. Or As the term progressed, what qualities of Malti became abundantly clear to all?
For a detailed worksheet – click on pdf (110 downloads)